Friday, July 27, 2012

The vacation of July

So the kids went on a big road trip with daddy in early July to see their first ever live baseball game!

I was home alone with one baby and lots of writing work. They came home a day early...we all missed each other.

After that, it was well...break.

They wanted a break and since we had schooled through May and June I let it go to have any sort of schedule. We did learn this past month, but we did NOT do a schedule. We did do some trash-to-art projects. And watched some docs. Played "cool math" games (www.coolmath.com) and some other awesomesauce things.

I had a weird funk of a time adjusting to writing and kids at home and schooling. I am so thankful we started school and now I know kind of in a clearer way how I am going to prepare for the year.

I promised myself that after my Sociology test was over I could think about scheduling for this year, but not before. The writing didn't come in as crazy as I thought but I still did quite a bit. I am finding out that the insurance agent I am writing for is actually editing all my stuff before it goes live. He told me he needs to catch up to my work. I guess I was going through the excel sheet of web pages faster than he thought. And here I was thinking that he was waiting on me. haha. He is a super nice person. I know this because he gives me little smiley faces in his emails.

It's the little things.

Anyway. And OF COURSE we need to post lots of awesome pics of our garden. We are eating so many good things. What a blessing to grow your own food! We are just now eating our cucumbers. We picked the first one yesterday and they are so flavorful and wonderful.

We will update our science journals and post pictures this next week. Promise.

Also, I am happy. Happy to have some supportive friends here and it is going to make all the difference in the world as we embark on this journey. Isolation may have been needed mentally, physically, and spiritually for a time, but it feels so good to be around the living again!

Next week I go shopping with another mommy of four as we stock up on some (hopefully) artsy and eclectic awesomeness for this next year. My budget is low but my awesome shall be high!  

No comments:

Post a Comment