Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chill out!

Read it here

I definitely felt this from Jesus last week and this is in all total seriousness. Hormones can be serious business.  Nothing ever felt like it was enough and I was ready to give up! Then I heard it to my soul. Chill out. I realized that they are learning so much everyday but the pace needs to work for us. I don't need to outpace public school and a child can have a scholarly mind and not care for others. I need to not freak out and then fail modeling my very own values to the kids. Kindness, gentleness...direction rather than condemnation to their hearts.

Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged. Colossians 3:21

Being a mom that does many of the things listed in this article...feed baby mushed up food vs jar, cloth diaper for first year, teaching kids to sew, homeschooling and baking from scratch and cooking 95% of meals, I think maybe other moms think I'm "that" mom. Goodness golly, I hope not. I say the F word, I get grumpy and I hate my existence sometimes. There. Now we are equal.

Shall I go on???

Seriously. We "homeschooling" moms don't think we put together, so don't think that about us. If anything, our frailties seem to be put on display to ourselves. We're in a bubble. We struggle with isolation. These are real struggles. Yet, it is OUR decision. Don't tell us "you'd never do that" as if the decision was stupid, our beyond ability of a sane person. Because we're already fighting that idea. Sometimes more than others.

Parenting is hard, folks. Do you ever have any idea how hard before you become one to make an educated guess either way. No. So don't judge those with kids. And don't judge those who choose not to have kids.

Seriously.

Don't judge public school, homeschool...

Don't judge yourself. Life is a continuum and no state of mind, bad habit, or anything else is eternal, nor can separate us from God's love.

Just some encouragement that I felt fit well with my experience this last month with my emotions, mistakes, and contemplation.

No comments:

Post a Comment